For well over a decade, John led the in-house law department of an international vehicle manufacturing company in the automotive and military/defense markets. Based on this experience, John has refined a client-centric, problem-solving approach to all manner of corporate legal and compliance issues. John has deep knowledge in government contracting matters and has experience establishing and maintaining compliance programs, negotiating and closing complex business-to-business transactions, licensing intellectual property, and conducting internal investigations. John has an entrepreneurial mindset and helps clients grow their businesses. Since joining SouthBank Legal, John continues to assist clients in capturing and optimizing unique opportunities with the U.S. government, particularly those involving new and emerging technologies.
Since 2015, John has served as an adjunct professor at the Notre Dame Law School, where he teaches an anti-corruption course focused on the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA). Prior to his practice of law, John served as an infantry officer in the U.S. Marine Corps.
In previous representations, John has:
- Served as the lead attorney for a $300 million-plus commercial vehicle assembly contract.
- Negotiated and closed strategic agreements for:
- the manufacture of foreign armored vehicles for sales through the U.S. Foreign Military Sales framework;
- the worldwide marketing and distribution of a controlled weapons system;
- the licensing of engine and transmission technology for domestic production; and
- the procurement of various foreign and domestic vehicle armoring systems.
- Established company-wide compliance programs for clients in the highly regulated defense market, including the implementation of right-sized policies, procedures, and training to efficiently ensure compliance with both the spirit and letter of the law.
- Notre Dame Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
- Glenn D. Peters Fellow
- Recipient of the Krupnick and Joseph Ciraolo Awards
- United States Naval Academy, B.S., with merit
- Northern District of Indiana
- Southern District of Indiana