Jon’s practice focuses on complex litigation and counseling in areas including commercial litigation, labor and employment, and federal criminal defense. He represents businesses in all phases of litigation and in alternative dispute resolution, such as mediation and arbitration. Jon has extensive appellate experience in both state and federal matters, and he has represented multiple Fortune 500 companies.
Prior to joining SouthBank Legal, Jon served as a law clerk to the Honorable Victor Marrero of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York and the Honorable D. Brooks Smith of the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. He also worked as a litigation attorney for several AmLaw 100 law firms in New York City and Virginia, focusing on complex commercial litigation.
In previous cases, Jon has:
- Defended a Fortune 500 medical device manufacturer in federal multidistrict and related nationwide state litigation against product liability and mass tort claims, including managing the ESI collections and productions.
- Represented a $3 billion online marketplace as its outside national litigation counsel for the United States, including prevailing against copyright and trademark claims.
- Represented a defense contractor against federal and state employment claims, including in cases alleging discrimination and harassment.
- Successfully defended a national healthcare provider against employment and wage claims, obtaining a defense verdict at trial.
- Defended an online securities brokerage firm against patent infringement claims.
- Defended a Fortune 50 company against contract and tort claims, including successfully defending against an appeal to the highest New York state court.
- Advised and trained management on regulatory compliance and internal investigations.
- Defended an international manufacturer against constructive fraud claims.
- Defended a generic pharmaceutical manufacturer against antitrust and contract claims.
- Conducted due diligence for a litigation funding company regarding case portfolios valued at more than $175 million.
- Represented federal criminal defendants from inception of cases through resolution, including in white collar matters and investigations.
- Defended a securities broker against SEC fraud claims.
- Defended several multinational securities’ brokers against FINRA investigations and enforcement proceedings and in disputes with brokers and customers.
- Defended a $3 billion online securities broker against fraudulent transfer claims.
- Conducted a nationwide internal investigation of a Fortune 100 company related to federal fraud claims.
- Notre Dame Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
- Articles Editor, Notre Dame Law Review
- University of Michigan Ross School of Business, B.B.A., high distinction
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit