Jamey’s practice focuses on business transactions and corporate matters. His experience includes representing buyers and sellers in M&A transactions, advising clients on corporate structure and governance issues, representing lenders and borrowers in loan transactions, advising businesses on purchasing and fulfillment matters, and serving as outside general counsel for closely held and family-owned businesses in a wide variety of industries. Jamey’s clients have included Fortune 500 companies in the technology, financial services, retail, and manufacturing industries.
Before founding the firm’s corporate and business transactions practice in 2009, Jamey was a partner in the Seattle office of an AmLaw 100 firm.
Jamey has served as an adjunct professor at the Notre Dame Law School, where he has taught in the areas of payments and commercial law. He also served for many years on the Indiana Advisory Committee to the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights.
In his practice, Jamey has:
- Represented purchasers and sellers of businesses in a wide variety of industries, including data center and information technology, manufacturing and distribution, professional services, consumer products, hospitality, and technology.
- Worked with companies and business owners to structure corporate documents and prepare and negotiate cross-purchase and redemption transactions.
- Represented entities from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies in connection with purchasing and fulfillment contracts, including supply, marketing, warehousing, and distribution agreements.
- Negotiated loan and credit facilities on behalf of administrative agents, lenders, and borrowers.
- Represented lenders and borrowers in connection with the restructuring, forbearance, workout, and sales of loans.
- Represented a Fortune 25 technology company in a broad array of joint ventures involving financing, servicing, intellectual property licensing, and data-sharing.
- Notre Dame Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
- Articles Editor, Notre Dame Law Review
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., cum laude