Mark is a trial lawyer and focuses his practice on helping businesses protect their trade secrets and defend against unfair competition. Mark has first-chaired non-compete and trade secret cases through summary judgment, trial, and appeal in state and federal courts in Indiana. Through his experience litigating these cases, Mark also helps his clients update and improve their non-competition agreements and implement measures to better protect their trade secrets.
In addition to his non-compete and trade-secret practice, Mark represents clients on various commercial real estate transactions, including commercial leases, purchase and sale agreements, real estate financing arrangements, and development agreements.
While at the University of Notre Dame, Mark was captain of the Men’s Boxing Team and participated in the Bengal Bouts Tournament, a fundraiser for the Congregation of Holy Cross Mission in Bangladesh. Mark is an adjunct professor at the Notre Dame Law School and is on faculty at the National Institute for Trial Advocacy, where he teaches deposition skills and trial advocacy.
In litigation, Mark has:
- Represented an RV electronics manufacturer in a trade-secret enforcement action adverse to a multibillion-dollar and publicly traded RV component supplier.
- Represented a cargo trailer manufacturer in a non-compete enforcement action against two departing employees and a competitor.
- Represented a radiology practice group in a non-compete enforcement action against a departing radiologist.
- Represented a supplier of non-lethal defense solutions in a non-compete enforcement action adverse to two departing employees and a competitor.
- Represented a national cleaning supply company in a non-compete enforcement action adverse to three departing employees and a competitor.
- Advised and represented numerous companies on updating and improving their non-competition agreements and implementing measures to better protect their trade secrets.
In transactional work, Mark has:
- Represented the franchisee of a nationally recognized burgers-and-fries chain in all lease negotiations in northern Indiana.
- Represented a local real estate partnership in a landmark deal that brought the world leader in natural and organic foods to Mishawaka, Indiana.
- Represented various businesses in commercial leases as well as real estate purchase and sale transactions.
- Represented commercial real estate lenders in credit facilities and lending transactions.
- Represented and advised real estate developers in various matters, including subdividing and platting developments, obtaining and documenting easement rights, and advising on financing arrangements.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D.
- University of Notre Dame, B.A.
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit