Tim concentrates his practice in complex business litigation and intellectual property. While companies in the RV/MH and orthopedics/medical device industries regularly engage Tim, he represents a variety of international and regional businesses in matters involving intellectual property, products liability, class actions, real estate and construction, and financial transactions. He also counsels both business owners and investors, advising them in negotiations with municipalities, business partners, and other entities. Called on to serve as local co-counsel for national and international law firms, Tim regularly represents out-of-state clients in cases pending in Indiana’s federal and state courts.
Tim also serves as the outside general counsel of a litigation-financing fund manager based in the Midwest. In that capacity, Tim provides guidance to the company’s management team on strategies and implementation, manages the legal function, and assists in obtaining and overseeing the work of outside legal counsel.
Tim practiced with the Milwaukee and Chicago offices of an international firm before co-founding SouthBank Legal in 2008.
Tim has represented international corporations and regional businesses through jury and bench trials and in arbitrations and formal negotiations, including:
- Various of the world’s largest orthopedic manufacturers in federal and state actions, with hundreds of millions of dollars in dispute, involving patent and licensing contracts.
- A large group of businesses in negotiations with a municipality regarding government services compacts.
- Large and small companies in the RV/MH industry in a wide array of disputes and negotiations.
- Six major motion picture studios and a national motion picture association in several infringement suits over copyrighted films.
- An international manufacturer of lawn and garden products in a case involving the design and manufacture of snow blowers.
- A Fortune 25 technology corporation in multiple lawsuits relating to the sale of computer software and hardware.
- One of the country’s leading food and beverage companies in a lawsuit involving a multi-state recall of dairy products.
- Notre Dame Law School, J.D.
- Marquette University, B.S., magna cum laude
- Member, Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit