Erin’s practice focuses on commercial litigation, from single-plaintiff cases to large, multidistrict litigation. Erin represents businesses in a variety of matters, including product liability, mass tort, personal injury, employment, and contract disputes. Erin has extensive experience defending manufacturers against claims involving medical devices, consumer products, and vehicles. She has also worked extensively with national trial teams on complicated issues involving jurisdictional challenges, discovery disputes, and scientific evidence.
Erin served as a law clerk to the Honorable Robert L. Miller, Jr. of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana. Prior to joining SouthBank Legal, Erin practiced at an AmLaw 100 firm in Chicago, focusing on complex civil litigation.
Erin has served as an adjunct professor at the Notre Dame Law School and on the faculty at the National Institute for Trial Advocacy, where she has taught in the areas of deposition skills and trial advocacy. Erin has also coached high school mock trial, where her teams won two Indiana state championships and the National High School Mock Trial Championship.
In previous cases, Erin has:
- Served as liaison counsel for a Fortune 500 orthopedics manufacturer in multidistrict litigation involving thousands of product liability claims.
- Practiced on the national counsel team defending a Fortune 500 orthopedics manufacturer, for which responsibilities included briefing and arguing dispositive, discovery, and Daubert motions; preparing company witnesses and experts for deposition; conducting fact and expert depositions; and defending depositions of sales representatives.
- Defended an international power tool manufacturer against wrongful death claims involving a commercial lawnmower.
- Represented an American manufacturer of commercial vehicles in multiple lawsuits involving products liability, warranty, and contract claims.
- Represented a manufacturer of blow-molding machinery in a multimillion-dollar contract dispute with a customer in federal court.
- Represented a national hardware and lumber cooperative in litigation involving shareholder contract disputes and breach of contract claims.
- Represented an American aerospace manufacturer in a AAA arbitration concerning a multimillion-dollar contract dispute with a component supplier.
- Represented a municipality in multiple cases involving serious personal injury, wrongful death, and property damage claims.
- Successfully defended a North American manufacturer and supplier in an employment discrimination trial in federal court, obtaining a complete jury verdict for the defense.
- Represented a national recreational vehicle manufacturer in warranty and tort claims, including a jury trial in a multimillion-dollar fire damage dispute.
- Represented an international chemical corporation in class action litigation concerning toxic tort and environmental claims.
- Defended a national civil rights organization in federal employment discrimination litigation involving a local affiliate.
- Defended an international manufacturer in federal employment discrimination litigation involving a subsidiary company.
- Defended and advised a major defense contractor, a private research university, a financial services company, and a variety of regional businesses on a wide range of employment issues, including claims for discrimination, retaliation, unlawful termination, and breach of contract.
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Notes Editor, University of Illinois Law Review
- Northwestern University, B.A., honors
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit