SouthBank’s range of engagements matches the diversity of our attorneys’ expertise. Given our credentials and flexible billing structure, SouthBank lawyers have represented and advised a robust and diverse client base—from Fortune 25 companies to individuals—on various legal matters. Our clients are plaintiffs and defendants, business owners and municipalities, and a wide variety of corporate entities. Our representations have included:
- Defending a publicly traded international orthopedics manufacturer against 2,500 products liability actions consolidated in multi-district litigation.
- Representing an international electronics manufacturer and its U.S. subsidiary in multi-district and class action antitrust litigation alleging an international price-fixing cartel.
- Defending a Fortune 500 company against patent infringement claims, serving as counsel at a multi-week trial and on appeal.
- Defending a publicly traded company in FLSA class-action litigation.
- Representing a Fortune 25 technology corporation in multiple lawsuits relating to the sale of computer software and hardware.
- Representing one of the nation’s leading food and beverage companies in a lawsuit involving a multi-state product recall.
- Representing a defense contractor in a lawsuit resulting in a judgment for our client exceeding $270 million.
- Representing the former president of an international publicly traded company in a multimillion-dollar dispute with his former employer.
- Defending a Berkshire Hathaway company in various employment disputes, including a federal trial alleging employment discrimination.
- Obtaining dismissal of a federal indictment for international parental kidnapping.
- Recovering internationally stolen funds for a Fortune 100 company.
- Representing an individual in a federal investigation concerning alleged violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act relating to the sale of equipment in the Middle East.
- Defending an executive in an investigation involving the alleged misappropriation of over $130 million and obtaining payment of hundreds of millions of dollars in payroll and other expenses.
- Successfully representing an executive of a Fortune 100 company against perjury allegations.
- Representing a physician charged in an alleged, large-scale conspiracy to distribute opioids.
- Serving as an expert witness for an AmLaw 100 firm accused of misconduct in representing a defendant in a federal criminal prosecution.
Corporate and Transactional Work
- Representing entities ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies in connection with purchasing and fulfillment contracts, including supply, marketing, warehousing, and distribution agreements.
- Representing one of the world’s largest technology companies in a broad array of joint ventures involving financing, servicing, intellectual property licensing, and data-sharing.
- Representing lenders and borrowers in connection with the restructuring, forbearance, workout, and sales of loans.
- Advising and representing various businesses on real estate purchases, commercial leases, sales, mergers, acquisitions, and other general business transactions.